AHN Biotechnologie GmbH
AHN Biotechnologie GmbH is a German manufacturer of laboratory products. Our core competencies are in consumables for Life Sciences, liquid handling instruments, laboratory benchtop equipment and consumables for DNA/RNA purification. Our products are marketed worldwide under the affiliated brands of CAPP, AHN and Maxxline.
AHN Biotechnologie GmbH also specializes in the manufacturing of private label and OEM opportunities for leading companies within our industry. Based in Nordhausen in Germany, with over 20 years of experience in manufacturing consumables for Life Sciences, AHN Biotechnologie GmbH has now become the trusted supplier of robotic tips to many of the world’s leading manufacturers of automated liquid handling systems.
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility offers:
- Total production area: 1600m2 (600m2 injection moulding)
- Total assembly area: 500m2 clean room assembly and 100m2 regular assembly
- Total clean room facility: 1000m2 (400m2 class 8 room and 600m2 class 9 room)
- Total storage area: 3000m2 (1600m2 sales stock)
- Flexible manufacturing process with state-of-the-art injection-moulding machines and in-house tool shop, ensuring precision and repeatability
- Diamond-polished Swiss moulds for superior inner surfaces, ensuring maximum sample recovery and high-precision pipetting
- Operated cavity scope: 1, 2, 4, 12, 16, 32, 36
- 16, 32 and 64 cavities are ideal for 96-well plate configuration
- Novel automation assembly systems for 1536-well tip assembly
- Fully robotized units for stacking, picking and placing, filter insertion and vibration feeders
- Robotic moulding, including robots for spin columns with/without lid, full assembly with glass fibre, PRDV, PE and nylon
- Automated clean room facility ensuring no human contact during production
- Liquid Handling Consumables free from DNase, RNase, Pyrogen and ATP
- 24/6 manufacturing and assembly
AHN Biotechnologie GmbH offers In-house automation expertise, which can reduce your investment requirements.
We are one of the very few Liquid Handling Consumables manufacturing companies with the ability to develop in-house automation based on your tip design, saving costs and project lead-time.
We have so far undertaken the following example Projects:
- Pipette tip production
- Pipette tip assembly with filter insertion
- Midi and maxi spin column production
- Mini spin column production and assembly in fully automated forensic-grade plant, with up to three different filters and up to five layers, including automatic lid closure
- Filter plate assembly
- Flexibility to work with multiple mould providers
- Adaptable assembly process for any specific requirements, combined with in-house technical support
- Ability to incorporate your tools and infrastructure
- Ability to design your specific product
- Market validation capabilities
- Complete production set up for plastic-moulded products under one roof: Tool designing team, Injection moulding machine, Tool maintenance team
- We assemble your product under clean room conditions
Benefit from our global experience and risk diversification!